To configure your computer running Cute FTP 6, follow the step-by-step procedure below. If you experience problems with your computer while proceding through the setup instructions, please visit the Troubleshooting section of this site for more information.
1. Close any programs you have open.
2. Open Cute FTP
3. The Cute FTP program will load and show a dialog box similar to the one shown below.
Click on the File -> New menu, then click on FTP Site
4.The Site Properties dialog box will appear.
Type Hotkey WebSpace in the Label field, then enter hotkey.net.au in the Host address field.
5. Type your username and password in the fields provided. These are the same login creditials as your Hotkey Internet account (full Hotkey email address)
6. Click Connect
7. You will then be returned to the main Cute FTP window and the connection to the FTP will initiate.
7. You are now connected and ready to transfer files.
You must upload all your .html (or .htm) files in the public_html folder.
You may then view your site at http://www.hotkey.net.au/~(your Hotkey username)/(your page that you uploaded)
For example, if your Hotkey username was
and you uploaded a file called myhome.html in the correct folder (public_html) your page can be viewed at http://www.hotkey.net.au/~testuser/myhome.html