To configure your computer running Smart FTP, follow the step-by-step procedure below. If you experience problems with your computer while proceding through the setup instructions, please visit the Troubleshooting section of this site for more information.
1. Close any programs you have open.
2. Open Smart FTP
3. The Smart FTP program will load and show a dialog box similar to the one shown below.
In the Address field located at the top of the window, type hotkey.net.au followed by your username and password. These are the same login creditials as your Hotkey Internet account (full Hotkey email address)
4. To initiate the connection left click the computer located on the left of the taskbar as shown below.
5. After successful connection has been made, a dialog box similar to the one shown below will appear.
6. Smart FTP has now connected to your Hotkey Web Space sucessfully.
You must upload all your .html (or .htm) files in the public_html folder.
You may then view your site at http://www.hotkey.net.au/~(your Hotkey username)/(your page that you uploaded)
For example, if your Hotkey username was
and you uploaded a file called myhome.html in the correct folder (public_html) your page can be viewed at http://www.hotkey.net.au/~testuser/myhome.html